Before the homestudy time, we ran over to the livescan place and had our fingerprints recorded. For those of you going thru this:
for VISA/IMMIGRATION
Record Review
Mailed to your home
Turn around time for me was 1 day. Seriously, like the next day I had a clearance in the mail. Hubby's took longer.
Of NOTE:
Lesson: be sure to have the results of the livescan fingerprinting sent to your home. To do this you have to go online and download (on a PDF file) the form.
You will have questions, so check out the Office of the Attorney General's website; notice the right hand column, the information is pertinent to this process. In that column you'll notice a FAQ regarding obtaining a 'police clearance letter' (well, it actually says requesting visa/immigration clearance letter).
The part that seems most applicable to us is:
How do I get my response notarized as required by the foreign government from where I am attempting to adopt a child?
The Department of Justice does not provide notarized responses, however, your response may be submitted to the California Secretary of State Office for an Apostille Certification.
No comments:
Post a Comment