For a beautiful 4.5 month old little girl...with big brown eyes...and soft (looking) curly hair...It's been somewhat like a project, this adoption process. Gather this, send that, double-check this...fee for that, etc. etc...
...until today.
It's so amazing, the shift in my mind. This "project" went from being a series of 'things to do' and an 'idea', to our actual CHILD. When I look at her (looking at me), needing a home...needing ME...
...I feel as though, TRULY, she is already my child.
Very, very unexpected...but very, very real. I suddenly feel like...my child (and I have children so I know the feeling a mother feels when she looks at a picture of her child) is 'out there' and I feel a connection to her...
...that's such a great thing!!
Next step - getting a court date!!
6 comments:
OMG!!!!! YAY!!!!! I am so happy for you!!!!
And of course, we're right behind you, so it put butterflies in my stomach knowing that ours is coming soon. Surreal, isn't it?
CONGRATS!!!
~ Lisa
Congratulations! Getting a referral was one of my favorite and memorable steps along the adoption road. Very exciting for you!!!
I forgot to say that it's a bonus that it took less time than the estimated wait-time for referral. So good!
we're so excited. thanks. suddenly there feels like there's a ton of stuff to do...
Oh wow! How wonderful is that?!?! I just stopped by to check on you and BAM! Referral time!
Love it and congrats - can't wait to see a pic of your beauty!
cb
Congratualations!! I found your blog when I searched for Toukoul. We are also using Adoption Avenues and accepted our referrals June 13th. We just received a court date of October 3rd. Have you received a court date yet? Again, congratulations!
Post a Comment