I've been doing a bit more research...and I think I've figured out our travel!!Emirates Air starts flying non-stop to Dubai from LAX soon (they don't yet, but I think they start October 1st). By November (when we'll travel) there are flights available on this 'luxury' airline for great prices!! All we'd have to do is drive down to LA (which is way easy) and Sister can drive up from San Diego. We can go from 'home' all the way to Dubai. We've heard Dubai is a wonderful and safe city, with a hotel *in* the airport that rents by the hour...so we can rest. Then non-stop to Addis.
(On December 1st, Emirates starts flying their brand new, super big, aircrafts out of San Francisco non-stop to Dubai!! - but we'll hopefully be gone and back by then).
One stop on the total flight! And when we get off the plane after a long (long, long, long...) trip...we're essentially home! We could stay in LA with family for a few days to 'recover' and then they can drive with us back - or maybe *drive us* :o) - home!! This is a drive we do all the time...and it'll be much easier than changing planes in NYC or Washington DC...
I'm thinking that Emirates out of LAX to Addis via Dubai (non-stop) will be our itinerary.
*the picture is first class...and clearly we're not flying first class. I mean, *business class* (i.e. below first class) would cost $60,000 for us!! But isn't it beautiful?
1 comment:
Hi Kenly,
Did you get my email addy?
Lisa
Post a Comment