Thursday, March 4, 2010

Certificate of Citizenship Ceremony!!!


Today was a great day. Honestly, when I received the letter from the USCIS regarding the Certificate of Citizenship stating that we have to "appear" to actually gain possession of the Certificate...I was a tiny bit annoyed. "Why can't they just mail the thing already?"

But...I am SO happy they make a big to-do about it. I had no idea it would be a full-on ceremony, with an oath, a President's message, video, music, pledge of allegiance, and the whole deal. In a room with about 50 other children...called the N600 ceremony because it was all N600 children there. Ages less than 1 to about age 20.

With this certificate....we are finally DONE. No more *official* social-worker (paid) post-placement reports. We have the Passport, SS#, and now the CoC.


Of note: At this ceremony, they take the permanent resident card away. If you happen to not have it with you (lost/stolen/forgot/whatever) you have to sign this paper *promising* to mail it to them when it is 'found/discovered/whatever'.

Very happy we did it. Very happy they make us go down there. Very happy everything is finally all complete!!

2 comments:

Emily said...

Seriously cute picture! What a relief to have it all done. I have to embark on the COC journey soon myself.

Unknown said...

This brought tears to my eyes...so adorable and so sweet!